The basic meditation cushions are the classic of our round seat cushions. Choose the right pillow for you from four different seat heights and enjoy your seat meditation. Many beautiful colors round off the offer.
Various heights and colours
Our basic meditation pillows are available in five different heights and two different diameters, suitable for every body size. In two of these heights, they are also available as an ecological meditation cushion as an ecological variant.
The amount of a meditation cushion can be easily determined by these three questions:
· What is your overall health status? Are there discomfort or problems with the knees, the hip, the pelvis or your back?
· How articulate are you? What kind of sitting would you like to take while meditating? The four variants are: the Lotussitz, the Schneidersitz, the heelsitz and the Burmese seat.
· What is their body size?
When choosing a meditation pillow or yogakis, the question arises in which position you want to meditate. You have the choice between four variants.
1. The Lotusitz (also in the spelling of Lotossitz widespread) is probably the picture that most have in mind when they think of a yogi. It is traditional sitting in yoga, Hinduism and Buddhism. Unfortunately, it is very painful for many Europeans or the attitude can not be taken. In the Lotussitz the legs are crossed and the soles of the feet are pointing upwards. The left foot rests on the right thigh (near the groin) and the right foot on the left thigh.
2. The legs are also crossed when the tailor's seat is crossed, but the knees point upwards. The feet are, in contrast to the Lotussitz, underlined.
3. Whoever has participated in a worship service in a Catholic church knows the heel, because he recalls the prayer of the kneeling.
4. The Burmese seating position is a good alternative to the Lotussitz for us Europeans: the legs are crossed similar to the Schneidersitz, but the lower legs are flat on the ground.
Before you go to the Yogala or online to buy a meditation pillow or yogakissen, you can experiment at home. Books, Sofakissen, towels or blankets are suitable for themselves to build a Meditationskissen. Take the time to meditate at different heights. What do you like best about your body and mind? So you have a concrete idea of ??which meditation pillow or yogakis fits to you and your body.
· 7 - 10 cm: Lotus seat and Burmese seat
· 10 - 14 cm: Burmese seat and tailoring seat
· 16 - 19 cm: tailor's seat and heel seat
· 21 cm: heel seat with a body size of approx. 170 cm
· 25 cm: heel seat with a body size of approx. 175 cm
· 35 cm: heel seat with a body size of approx. 185 cm